By: Robert Serreyn
Question? Why do you Protestants refuse to accept the Apocrypha?
First of all I am NOT a protestant, I am a BORN AGAIN BELIEVER who has PLACED his TRUST ALONE in Jesus Christ for MY SALVATION.
The word protestant means “One who CAME OUT of the Catholic Church by leaving it by PROTEST due to its many FALSE TEACHINGS, PRACTICES, and Gospel.
The word Apocrypha comes from the Greek word APOKRYPHA and means THINGS THAT ARE HIDDEN or SECRET.
The Apocrypha are the TWELVE extra books that the Catholic Church has ADDED to the Cannon of Scriptures(Word of God) and claim them to be just as inspired as the other Sixty Six books of the Bible and has adopted and prinited them in their OWN VERSION of the bible.
Reasons to REJECT the Apocrypha:
– Jesus Christ and the Apostles NEVER ONCE referred to them.
– The Early Church fathers REJECTED the apocrypha as Authoritative, Cannonical(Scriptural),or Inspired.
– The Septuagint was the FIRST TRANSLATION of the Hebrew manuscripts into the Greek Language – Approx. 200 years BEFORE the birth of Christ NEVER CONTAINED the Apocrypha.
– ALL 27 Books of the New Testament ARE REFERRED to in the 39 Books of the Old Testament but NOT ONCE the Apocrypha.
There are ONLY SIXTY SIX Books of the Bible, Genesis Through Revelation.
The twelve EXTRA BOOKS of the Apocrypha ARE KNOWN to contain CORRUPT and FALSE teachings.
False Teachings FOUND in the Apocrypha:
– Tobit 6:5-7 Condones the use of magic and in (v8) that burning a fish heart will drive away evil spirits.
– Tobit 4:11, 12:9 – Teaches Salvation by Works.
– 2 Maccabbees 12:43 – Money as a offering for the sins of the dead.
– Judith 1:5, and Baruch 6:2 – Gives FALSE historical facts.
The Lord Jesus gives a GRAVE WARNING to all those who tamper with his written Word.
(Revelation 22:18,19) For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: (19) And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
The MOST IMPORTANT thing to know IS Jesus Christ as savior, just simply believe that Jesus Christ went to the cross and DIED and shed his blood, was BURIED and three days later RESURRECTED from the dead to pay for your sins.
-Christ DIED for you – Romans 5:8
-Christ PAID your sins in full – 2 Corinthians 5:21,1 Peter 2:24
-BELIEVE (Trust In Completely) in Christ ALONE as the complete payment of sin for salvation – John 3:16, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 2:8,9
“For the wages(payment) of sin is death (eternal torment in hell); but the GIFT(salvation) of God is eternal life THROUGH Jesus Christ our Lord”. Romans 6:23
IT IS THAT SIMPLE – THE GOSPEL TRUTH