By: Robert Serreyn
Question? I found these two passages Ecclesiastes 2:14, and Proverbs 17:24 quite intriguing, is there a correlation?
Ecclesiastes 2:14 The wise man’s eyes are in his head; but the fool walketh in darkness: and I myself perceived also that one event happeneth to them all.
Proverbs 17:24 Wisdom is before him that hath understanding; but the eyes of a fool are in the ends of the earth.
I believe there is a correlation when compared from God’s point of view.
These two verses DESCRIBES two types of people.
– One that see’s THE NEED to put THEIR FOCUS upon the Lord. – WISE MAN.
– The other as far as they are concerned HAS little need (they think) or regard for God in their life – A FOOL.
A good explaination I found on these two verses is by Dr. M. R. Dehaan who put them this way.
– The WISE MAN’S eyes are in one place, He has a purpose, A plan, An Aim.
– The FOOL’S eyes are everywhere, Without purpose, No plan, and No Aim.
Here is what we can gleem from that eplaination…
– Eyes are in one place = Should be focused on the Lord’s will.
– He has a Purpose = Should be to live for Christ.
– A Plan = Should be to serve Christ.
– An Aim = Should be to lead people to Christ.
– Eyes Everywhere = No focus or desire to do the Lord’s will.
– Without Purpose = Lives for self.
– No Plan = Serves ones own intrest and desires.
– No Aim = No regard to make Christ known (if saved) to others.
The whole purpose of a christian’s life SHOULD BE to make Christ known to the world by and through their Actions and Words.
Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.
UNFORTUNATELY many have become a Proverbs 17:24 Christian with their focus on everything BUT the Lord therefore having succumbed to a life that is Without Purpose, No Plan, and No Aim WHAT TRAGEDY indeed.
BUT every Christian HAS the potential to be a Ecclesiastes 2:14 Christian if they only desire to, failure is a choice a goal that satan attempts to succeed by whatever means he can use.
The MOST IMPORTANT thing to know IS Jesus Christ as savior, just simply believe that Jesus Christ went to the cross and DIED and shed his blood, was BURIED and three days later RESURRECTED from the dead to pay for your sins.
The moment that you do YOU HAVE (at that second and forever) Everlasting Life which WILL NEVER be taken away no matter what.
-Christ DIED for you – Romans 5:8
-Christ PAID your sins in full – 2 Corinthians 5:21,1 Peter 2:24
-BELIEVE (Trust In Completely) in Christ ALONE as the complete payment of sin for salvation – John 3:16, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 2:8,9
“For the wages(payment) of sin is death (eternal torment in hell); but the GIFT(salvation) of God is eternal life THROUGH Jesus Christ our Lord”. Romans 6:23
IT IS THAT SIMPLE – THE GOSPEL TRUTH