By Robert Serreyn
Question? Could you explain the Parable of the Sower in Matthew 13:3-8?
(3) And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
(4) And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
(5) Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
(6) And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
(7) And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
(8) But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
to help understand here is a simple breakdown of these verses
Verse 4. Speaking of Lost People – They REJECTED the gospel.
2 Corinthians 4:3 & 4, John 3:18(b), 36(b)
Vese 5- 7. Speaking of Saved People – These Trusted Christ as Savior BUT they allowed cares of this world, money, and compromises to PREVENT them from being GOOD testimony and servants for the Lord.
Luke 8:14, Galatians 5:17, 1 John 2:15, & 16, 1 Corinthians 3: 13, & 15, 1 Peter 5:8
Verse 8. These Christians are VICTORIOUS – They are the WARRIORS for Christ, the Lord’s FAITHFUL Ambassadors to the world.
Luke 8:15, 2 Corinthians 5:20, 1 Corinthians 4:2
The Lord wants ALL Christians to be FAITHFUL and VICTORIOUS, but we have to dedicate our selves to the Lord and ALLOW NOT the world or satan to PREVENT us in reaching that goal we need to have the mind set and attitude of the Apostle Paul:
(2 Timothy 4:7) I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
(Romans 1:16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
The MOST IMPORTANT thing a person can know is Jesus Christ as savior, Just BELIEVE(Trust In Completely) that Christ ALONE died and shed his blood on the cross as the complete payment for their sins was buried and three days later rose from the dead.
(Acts 16:31) “And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.”
A. Christ DIED for you – Romans 5:8
B. Christ PAID your sins in full – 2 Corinthians 5:21,1 Peter 2:24
C. BELIEVE (Trust In Completely) in Christ ALONE as the complete payment of sin for salvation – John 3:16, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 2:8,9
“For the wages(payment) of sin is death (eternal torment in hell & the lake of fire); but the GIFT of God is eternal life THROUGH Jesus Christ our Lord”. Romans 6:23
IT IS THAT SIMPLE – THE GOSPEL TRUTH