By: Robert Serreyn
Question? Can you help me understand 1 John 3:6
(1 John 3:6) Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
Answer: 1 John is written to Christians to ENCOURAGE them to live and serve the Lord
Verse 6 can be applied in the practical sense in such as:
1. Whosoever abideth in him: = Living for and Serving Christ.
2. Sinneth Not: = Not living in open sin
3. Whosoever Sinneth: = Living a sinful lifestyle and not serving the Lord.
4. Hath not seen him: = Not realizing the lost of blessings and rewards of God.
5. Neither known him: = Living a lifestyle which would cause people to think that you do not even know Jesus Christ as savior.
The Lord wants You and I to Live and Serve him for two reasons:
1. To be a GOOD TESTIMONY to reach the lost for him – Matthew 5:16
2. To be in his will so he can Bless & Reward us – Psalms 35:27
The MOST IMPORTANT thing to know IS Jesus Christ as savior, just simply believe that Jesus Christ went to the cross and DIED and shed his blood, was BURIED and three days later RESURRECTED from the dead to pay for your sins.
A. Christ DIED for you – Romans 5:8
B. Christ PAID your sins in full – 2 Corinthians 5:21,1 Peter 2:24
C. BELIEVE (Trust In Completely) in Christ ALONE as the complete payment of sin for salvation – John 3:16, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 2:8,9
“For the wages(payment) of sin is death (eternal torment in hell & the lake of fire); but the GIFT of God is eternal life THROUGH Jesus Christ our Lord”. Romans 6:23
IT IS THAT SIMPLE – THE GOSPEL TRUTH