By: Robert Serreyn
Question? Any Ideas on Isaiah 66:23, & 24 are saying?
(Isaiah 66:23,24) And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
(24) And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
In V23 TAKE NOTICE that it says And it shall come to pass, which means that it is YET FUTURE because it HAS NOT COME TO PASS YET.
These two verse I believe, TELLS US that the Lord Jesus Christ WILL HAVE US christians periodically through out our eternal reign with him in heaven LOOK UPON THEM who are being tormented in the Lake Of Fire BECAUSE OF their rejection of and failure to TRUST ALONE IN Jesus Christ as their personal saviour.
Examination of V24:
– And they shall go forth, and look upon = Referring to all Christians
– The Carcases of the men that have transgressed against me = The Lost Unsaved people(carcases) that DID NOT Trust Christ as Saviour.
– For the worm shall not die. = The word WORM is a reference to the person’s SPIRIT(IE intelligence), in other words that personWILL NOT DIE but will live eternally IN TORMENT.
– Neither shall their fire be quenched = The DEGREE OF TORMENT (Fire) in the Lake of Fire, quenched – Gr. KABAH = NOT PUT OUT.
– And they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh = As we see those TORMENTED SOULS it will be an instant reminder to the fact that we too DESERVE the Lake of Fire and a REMINDER how much Jesus Christ loved us by going to the cross to die and shed his blood as the COMPLETE PAYMENT for ALL our sins.
The TRUTH is that NOBODY needs to goto Hell or the Lake Of Fire. The Lord Jesus WANTS EVERYBODY to trust him alone by believing that he died on the cross, shed his blood and rose again three days late as PROOF that ALL SIN has been paid for completely in full.
To BE SAVED all a person needs to do is:
(Acts 16:31) Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved.
The MOST IMPORTANT thing to know IS Jesus Christ as savior, just simply believe that Jesus Christ went to the cross and DIED and shed his blood, was BURIED and three days later RESURRECTED from the dead to pay for your sins.
-Christ DIED for you – Romans 5:8
-Christ PAID your sins in full – 2 Corinthians 5:21,1 Peter 2:24
-BELIEVE (Trust In Completely) in Christ ALONE as the complete payment of sin for salvation – John 3:16, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 2:8,9
“For the wages(payment) of sin is death (eternal torment in hell); but the GIFT(salvation) of God is eternal life THROUGH Jesus Christ our Lord”. Romans 6:23
IT IS THAT SIMPLE – THE GOSPEL TRUTH