By: Robert Serreyn
Question? I know Psalms 139:13-16 is speaking about how a baby is formed, but the words that are used make it hard for me to understand, Can you help?
Psalms 139:13-16 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb. (14) I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. (15) My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. (16) Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
The Lord lots of times uses “Earthly Illustrations” to teach a truth which is the case here.
For example… In Matthew 21:19 Jesus is speaking about the Nation of Israel and he refers to it as a Fig Tree
Matthew 21:19 And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away.
In Matthew the Lord COMPARES Israel and tells them what is going to happen AFTER they as a nation reject him as their Messiah to the withered Fig Tree that had only leaves on it.
Down below is the explaination…
The word “FRUIT” is in reference to the LOSS of Blessings and Rewards for NOT PROCLAIMING the Gospel and the Word of God and by REJECTING Christ as their Messiah and Crucifying him on the cross (which they have paid a HEAVY PRICE for the last 2,000 years).
The word FOR EVER simply carries the meaning of LOSS OF Blessings and Rewards FOREVER for not having proclaiming the Gospel and the Word of God, NOT being rejected as a nation forever.
The words “Presently the fig tree withered away” refers to the fact that the Nation of Israel STOPPED being a nation AFTER 70 AD, God said TIME OUT Israel and set them aside as a Nation for the time being. But then on May 14, 1948 that all changed and Israel ONCE AGAIN BECAME a Nation and this is where the Prophecy of the Valley of dry Bones in Ezekiel Chapter 37 describes that this would take place and it did, Israel will have their RIGHTFUL PLACE in the Milliennial Kingdom.
In the case of Psalms 139: 13-16 here is what the Lord is saying.
– For thou hast possessed my reins: Lord you CREATED my DNA that made it possible for me to be formed.
– Thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb: Lord you gave me a body of flesh, such as Skin, Muscles, Tendons, and Bones.
– My substance was not hid from thee: The union and Fertilisation of the Egg with the Sperm.
– When I was made in secret: The act and Impregnation during sexual intercourse.
– Curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth: Describing the womb in which the forming baby is housed in.
– Yet being unperfect: Not yet fully developed or formed.
– In thy book all my members were written: At conception EVERY PERSON’S name is written in the Book of Life (meaning every person is going to heaven at conception) and their names are ONLY REMOVED upon death IF the person NEVER believes (trust alone) that Jesus Christ died on the cross as the ONLY PAYMENT for their sins.
Just as the Scriptures state EVERY PERSON is Wonderfully Made, ONLY SIN has brought about the havoc of Physical Deformities, Mental Disabilities, and Biological Maladies that plague mankind to the Marvellous Work (our body) that God had created.
The MOST IMPORTANT thing to know IS Jesus Christ as savior, just simply believe that Jesus Christ went to the cross and DIED and shed his blood, was BURIED and three days later RESURRECTED from the dead to pay for your sins.
The moment that you do YOU HAVE (at that second and forever) Everlasting Life which WILL NEVER be taken away no matter what.
-Christ DIED for you – Romans 5:8
-Christ PAID your sins in full – 2 Corinthians 5:21,1 Peter 2:24
-BELIEVE (Trust In Completely) in Christ ALONE as the complete payment of sin for salvation – John 3:16, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 2:8,9
“For the wages(payment) of sin is death (eternal torment in hell); but the GIFT(salvation) of God is eternal life THROUGH Jesus Christ our Lord”. Romans 6:23
IT IS THAT SIMPLE – THE GOSPEL TRUTH