By: Dr. Hank Lindstrom
1. The Blood of Christ provides a suitable covering for man’s sin, guilt and shame. Genesis 3:21.
2. The Blood of Christ makes the one who offers it both acceptable to and accepted by God. Genesis 4:1-6.
3. Through the offering of the Blood of Christ, (we believers) have safety from the coming Judgment. Exodus 12:13.
4. The Blood of Christ was shed for the remission of our sins. Matthew 26:28; Ephesians 1:7.
5. Through the Blood of Christ, we have cleansing from sin. Revelation 1:5; 7:14.
6. Through the Blood of Christ we have redemption; this is, we are bought back out of the slave market. Ephesians 1:7; Colossians 1:14; I Peter 1:18-19.
7. Through the Blood of Christ we have peace with God. Colossians 1:20; Ephesians 2:14.
8. Through the Blood of Christ we who are “afar off” are “made nigh”. Ephesians 2:13
9. Through the Blood of Christ, the guilt and condemnation we incurred, through the breaking of God’s laws, is “blotted out”. Colossians 2:13.
10. The Blood of Christ, called the Blood of God, bought us for God and Christ, and made us His own peculiar possession. Acts 20:28; I Corinthians 6:19; and I Peter 2:9-10.
11. The Blood of Christ purges our conscience so that our service to the Living God might be acceptable. Hebrews 9:14.
12. The Blood of Christ gives us an exalted standing, and makes us “kings and priests unto God”. Rev. 1:5-6; 5:9-10.
13. Through the Blood of Christ we are justified before God. Romans 5:9.
14. Through the Blood of Christ we are sanctified. I Corinthians 6:11; Hebrews 10:14; 13:12.
15. Through the Blood of Christ we have eternal security and the assurance of salvation. Hebrews 10:10-14; 13:20; 9:12.
16. Through the Blood of Christ we are made “one” with all others believers-both Jews and Gentiles-in the new body of Christ. Ephesians 2:13-14.
17. Through the Blood of Christ we are reconciled-made right or righteous with God. II Corinthians 17-21.
18. Through the Blood of Christ we can enter into “the Holy of Holies”, that is, into God’s presence in heaven. Hebrews 10:19-22.
19. Through the Blood of Christ we have fellowship with God, and with His Son Jesus Christ, and with other believers. I John 1:7; 1:1-3.
20. Through the Blood of Christ He purchased for us “an eternal inheritance”. Hebrews 9:14-15.
21. Through the Blood of Christ we have overcome the Devil. Revelation 12:11.
The word “blood” occurs 447 times in 357 verses in the Bible. The “Blood” (when it refers either directly or symbolically to the blood of Christ) is the very heart and core of the Bible, the true foundation of the Christian faith. Any departure from the Biblical message on the “Blood of Christ” is heresy or apostasy. It is plain that the message of the “Blood of Christ” is of basic importance in the Bible. If you would take the blood out of a human body, you would have nothing left but a lump of clay. If you take the blood out of the Bible, you have Bible that has no life-giving properties. It is a dead book rather than the “living book” that it claims to be. See Hebrews 4:12.