By: Robert Serreyn
Question? Can you give a simple application to Proverbs 11:24 & 25?
(Proverbs 11:24, 25) There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty. (25) The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.
– He Who Scatters = Refers to the individual who gives of his or her Time, Talents, Self, and Fiances(if able) to the service of the Lord.
– And Yet Increases = Refers to the individual who has given of Themselvs, their Time,, Talents, and Fiances( if able) to the service of the Lord will recieve blessings and rewards for those sacrifices of service.
– Withholdeth More than is Meet = Refers to the individual who WILL NOT give of their Time, Talents, Self, or Fiances (if able) to the service of the Lord DO NOT realize the GREATER SACRIFICE of blessings and rewards they will make.
– But it Tendeth to Poverty = Refers to the individual that DID NOT and WOULD NOT give of Themselves to the service of the Lord through their Time, Talents, Self, or Fiances (if able) has PAID themselves in wages of NO REWARDS, or BLESSINGS (tendeth to poverty).
– The Liberal Soul Shall Be Made Fat = Refers to the Individual who has become FAT (spiritually speaking) in there OWN self righteousness.
– He That Watereth = Refers to the Individual who teaches and or gives out the Word of God and The Gospel.
– Shall Be Watered Also Himself = Refers to the Individual who teaches and or gives out the Word of God and The Gospel RECIEVES a double portion of KNOWLEDGE and CONVICTION from the Word of God from study but also of preaching.
The MOST IMPORTANT thing to know IS Jesus Christ as savior, just simply believe that Jesus Christ went to the cross and DIED and shed his blood, was BURIED and three days later RESURRECTED from the dead to pay for your sins.
-Christ DIED for you – Romans 5:8
-Christ PAID your sins in full – 2 Corinthians 5:21,1 Peter 2:24
-BELIEVE (Trust In Completely) in Christ ALONE as the complete payment of sin for salvation – John 3:16, Acts 16:31, Ephesians 2:8,9
“For the wages(payment) of sin is death (eternal torment in hell); but the GIFT(salvation) of God is eternal life THROUGH Jesus Christ our Lord”. Romans 6:23
IT IS THAT SIMPLE – THE GOSPEL TRUTH